|A Gift from Shari-In My EVFM Support Group|
Writing for ProHealth and Health Central is a great opportunity to learn from the enlightening comments you take the time to share.
We make great strides learning to cope with the effects of body-wide pain, non-refreshing sleep, problems putting thoughts and concepts together, and exhausted body systems. (If you are struggling to find balance, please pick up one of our books).
As I count my spoons, I remember my fellow warriors who also live with invisible illness and pain. As my dear colleague, Dr. Robert Bennett and his team say, “A careful clinical evaluation is always required in order to identify any condition that could fully account for the patient’s symptoms and/or contribute to the severity of the symptoms.” It would be overwhelming to include all my articles, but you can find them on my website now. Following are articles through last May on fibromyalgia and common overlapping conditions. Please take your time, favorite this link and revisit it when you have a particular question and please share what you learn with others in the comments where the articles are posted, that’s how we all learn.
In healing and hope, Celeste
- Blood Test for Fibromyalgia: FM/a Test ® Is Real, Q and A (I have started the process. Follow the link in my blog, scroll down and get started. I asked for an insurance review and received a confirmation email, along with a link to some paperwork to help my rheumatologist with collecting the information, which will go into an important database.)
- The Connection Between TMJ and Chronic Pain
- Fibromyalgia Awareness and Aggravating Conditions
- Spring, Sinusitis, and Fibromyalgia
- The Romance of Fibromyalgia with Tai Chi
- ACR Responds to Inquiry on Fibromyalgia Criteria ACR Responds to Inquiry on Fibromyalgia Criteria
- Criteria for Fibromyalgia on My Radar AGAIN!
- ASpring Metaphor - Sculpting Our Thoughts on Pain
- Ridingthe Waves of Chronic Pain and Sleep
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Sleep, Fibromyalgia, and Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Essential Factors for Relating Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Are Fibromyalgia Researchers on a Common Path?
- 10 Tips for Managing Fibrofog
- Taking up the Slack: Flares, Frets and Fibro
- 3 Fibromyalgia Concerns for a Healthy Mouth
- When Fibromyalgia Is More than Pain
- How Winter Weather Affects Fibromyalgia
- CriticalSteps for Avoiding Raynaud’s Complications
- Fibromyalgiaand Food: Things You Need to Know This Holiday Season
- Pitfallsand Pearls-Resistance Training for Fibromyalgia and Myofascial pain
- A Nervous System at Odds: Dysautonomia and Fibromyalgia (including heart rate variability, HRV)
- The Setting, the Shutter, and the Power of Resolution
- Is Fibromyalgia a Psychosomatic Illness? Med Student Asks Celeste Cooper
- Why knowing the cause of pelvic pain is essential to treatment
- The Why and the Way Fibromyalgia Studies are Important to You
- When a Peek at Chronic Pelvic Pain Isn't Enough
- Fibromyalgia Centralization and Peripheral Myofascial Pain: Interview with KarlHurst-Wicker, MD
- CoenzymeQ10 (CoQ10) for Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS, and Migraine
- Migraine,Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Myofascial Pain
- Fibromyalgia Tender Points or Myofascial Trigger Points: Knowing the Difference for the Right Diagnosis
- Fibromyalgia and Other Invisible Illnesses-An Interview with a Disability Attorney. My interview with Anthony Castelli, Atty.
- Sharing Our Spoons
Some of you may know I am having cataract surgery on the 12th. It’s important to me to have better vision so I can continue what I love to do. This blog was prepared in advance to raise awareness for FIBROMYALGIA AWARENESS DAY. I hope you will help me spread the word by sharing this list of fibro related articles.
~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~
"Adversity is only an obstacle if we fail to see opportunity."
Celeste Cooper, RN
Celeste’s Website: http://CelesteCooper.com
Learn more about what you can do to help your body function to its potential in the books you can find here on Celeste's blog. Subscribe to posts by using the information in the upper right hand corner or use the share buttons to share with others.
All answers and blogs are based on the author's opinions and writing and are not meant to replace medical advice.