Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Spring Metaphor - Sculpting Our Thoughts on Pain


Though we have an idea of what to expect, spring unfolds differently. This year, we saw new records, and new challenges. In some places, spring came early and gave us a countryside bursting with color and new life, while other places are experiencing a late winter. This change and unpredictability is a metaphor for those of us who live with pain and chronic illness.

Our thought seedlings give life to our spirit and allow us to see challenges as motivators. But, some storms rock the earth beneath our feet. As a migraineur, spring storms throw me to the floor and knock the wind out of me. However, when I stand up again with my partner, challenge -- I will lead; I will rumba in a new direction and thank the spring storm for its nourishment to the earth and for providing me promise of new life. 

I find great strength, comfort, and diversion through poetry and photography, and I am thankful that I have found ways to fill up my thought spaces by writing for others who share this journey with me. The following photo and poem are excerpts from Spring Devotions in the Broken Body, Wounded Spirit: Balancing the See-Saw of Chronic Pain series.

               Day 4 – Learning to Rumba to Rumbles


To Rumba with the Universe

by Celeste Cooper

Twinkles of light rumba across the morning dew,
While butterflies dance in the wind.

Tumbleweeds glide across the earth's open fields,
Blown away in time to explore a new path.

Fear cleansed by rain exchanged for the joy of freshness,
The sky opens, the sun bumps against clouds.

Renewal of spirit, the earth in cadence with my wits,
All in rhythm, as if, I rumba with the universe.


Thought Seedlings

Do you rumba? Do you like the name I gave the photo? What would you name it?  

Take a stab at changing up my poem to make it yours. My poems are not perfect, I share them so my readers know they can also express feelings and touch a sense of self. 

"Imperfection is relatable." 
Lauren Conrad

Tell me what you think in your comments, because I love to hear how it speaks from your heart to mine. In healing, Celeste

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Learn more about what’s between the covers of Spring Devotions book edition here. http://www.celestecooper.com/spring-devotions.

Thank you to our readers for your kind thoughts and uplifting reviews of Spring Devotions in the Broken Body, Wounded Spirit: Balancing the See-Saw of Chronic Pain Series. Too all our new readers, welcome.


~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"Adversity is only an obstacle if we fail to see opportunity."  
Celeste Cooper, RN
Author—Patient—Health Central Chronic Pain Pro Advocate

Celeste’s Website: http://CelesteCooper.com

Learn more about what you can do to help your body function to its potential in the books you can find here on Celeste's  blog. Subscribe to posts by using the information in the upper right hand corner or use the share buttons to share with others.

All answers and blogs are based on the author's opinions and writing and are not meant to replace medical advice.  





No comments:

Celeste's Website

Celeste's Website
Click on the picture