Monday, July 22, 2013
Being Alone vs. Loneliness
Being alone is something we sometimes choose, and it can be a healthy time for self exploration. Loneliness, on the other hand, fosters isolation and seclusion. Being alone and loneliness are not the same. As human beings, we have a basic need to spend time with others.
Benefits of appreciating time with others are:
• Sharing of experiences.
• Having time to ask for and give support.
• Finding social balance between ourselves and
Next time you are feeling lonely, consider:
• Is my alone time productive for me?
• Is my alone time balanced with together time?
• Is my alone time making me feel too alone?
What can I do today to balance my alone time and my time with others?
Excerpt from: Broken Body, Wounded Spirit: Balancing the See-Saw of Chronic Pain, Summer Devotions.
By Celeste Cooper at July 22, 2013