This blog is packed full of resources for understanding the pain and treatment of chronic myofascial pain and the knotted up pieces of muscle fiber in a taut band of muscle that causes it.
Understanding myofascial trigger points and their role in sustaining chronic myofascial pain can be confusing at first; it was for me. But, I was very fortunate to have a mentor, Devin Starlanyl (author of several books on fibromyalgia and myofascial pain, her latest, Healing Through Trigger Point Therapy with John Starkey). Unbeknownst to many, unless you read the forward to our book, Integrative Therapies for Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Myofascial Pain…, she spent many tiring days and nights helping me. My gratitude to her goes far beyond words. All she ever asked in return was that I pay it forward, and that is exactly what I am trying to do.
- Health Central — Fibromyalgia Tender Points or Myofascial Trigger Points: Knowing the Difference for the Right Diagnosis
- Health Central — What is a Myofascial Trigger Point, and Their Relationship toPain?
- CelesteCooper.com — What is a Myofascial Trigger Point?
- Health Central — Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- CelesteCooper.com — Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Health Central — MyofascialPain Treatment