Following is my letter to President Obama, my state senators and representatives. Please join me in asking your legislators to pass laws that will provide chronic pain patients the care we need and change how pain is perceived, judged and treated in America. Let them know you want them to support legislation that coherently and collaboratively addresses all aspects of pain. Let's bring research funding, proven integrative care, and access to medications to the table. Let them know how you want them to respond when legislation passes to them. Send them the letter from PAINS to President Obama, as I have. You can find contact information for your legislators on my website at: http://www.celestecooper.com/sample-advocacy-letter.html
“Those who have learned by experience what physical pain and bodily anguish mean, belong together all the world over;
they are united by a secret bond.”
- Pain Action Alliance to Implement A National Strategy (PAINS)
- The National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA)
- The US Pain Foundation
- State Pain Policy Advocacy Network (SPPAN)
- The American Academy of Pain Management (AAPM)
- The American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Consumer Pain Advocacy Task Force (CPTAF)
- Dr. Sean Mackey, Stanford University Pain Research, and Dr. Lynn Webster, Past President of the American Academy of Pain Medicine, author and producer (see interview, here).
- Other organizations, and individuals, many outlined at the end of the PAINS letter, those who are on the steering committee at PAINS, and those aligned with the CPTAF (also listed at the end of their letter to the US Senate HELP committee noted above).