|My self drawing directly from my journal.|
We are having a contest on self caricature pain drawings and the winner will have their drawing and their preferred signature line in the Winter Devotions of Broken Body, Wounded Spirit: Balancing the See-Saw of Chronic Pain.
Here are the details:
Format of drawing:
- Self caricature, drawn by you.
- Black and white only.
- Jpeg format.
Submitting your own self caricature
Scan it and save it to a file as a jpg, then attach it to your email with contest in the subject line and submit it to Submission-Contest@outlook.com.
- Phase I – All submissions – October 15th (2013)
- Phase II – Top Three will be selected by an independent party, and will be uploaded via my blog http://fmcfstriggerpoints.blogspot.com/ by October 18th.
- Votes tallied via my author FB Page https://www.facebook.com/author.fibromyalgia.expert.pain.advocate in a note titled Caricature Contest, which will include a link to the blog with the top three drawings with assigned ID numbers.
- Phase III – Votes on the top three will be collected between October 18, 2013 and October 25, 2013 and announcement of the winner with a 2-3 sentence signature line of their choice will be announced by October 26th via a specific link from my blog.
Everyone will really be a winner, because it is cathartic to do a self caricature, and the experts suggest it is possibly one of the best self reflection tools available. You DO NOT need to be an artist; even stick figures can show emotion with the tilt of a line or words surrounding it.
The winning self drawing will have their caricature published in Broken Body, Wounded Spirit: Balancing the See-Saw of Chronic Pain, Winter Devotions and a signed copy of the book.
Again, attach your jpeg (picture format) to your email with contest in the subject line and submit it to: